If I had to buy a 3.5″ 500GB SATA 7200RPM hard drive back in the summer of June 2010 it would have cost about £35 but now when I go to build a cheap HTPC the cheapest hard drive I can find at 3.5″ 500GB SATA 7200RPM is about £55. Obviously I was not going to be paying that price!
My solution was easy, but also risky. eBay.
Here are the steps I follow when searching for a good hardrive on eBay!
- Head to http://www.ebay.co.uk/
- Go to the specific category and select internal hard drive and the size and all other components such as IDE, SSD or SATA.
- Now select the size.
- Now select your price range for example no min – £40
- Search and then check “Buy it now”
- Find a reasonable price and a seller with great feedback and your set!
- There are some good deals such as the drive I mentioned above going for around £37 and 750GB’s going for £50 or under.
A few words of warning though watch what your buying on eBay and always reformat the hard drive once received!
It has been a while but I’ll be blogging more often now… I promise!!!
Well it has been a while since I last blogged. Recently I have been preoccupied with university work and various other needs. But now I am finished university, well for the summer at least so I should be updating more frequently and on a regular basis.
On another note my site has went through a major refurb. What do you all think? I was getting very annoyed with WordPress and Blogger so I wonder who can hazard a guess of what I have went with this time. I should be shamed to be using this web authoring suite but it works and thats all that really matters.
Anyway it’s late 2.46 to be exact. So I’m going to publish this and make sure it all looks good.
I look forward to blogging more soon!